Sunday, February 12, 2012

The quarter-life crisis that turned into a third

So, months and years of failing to find my purpose in life (and thinking a couple of times to have found it), I had the nervous breakdown. I had the moment of total despair. I didn't think it fun so much so I came up with my own ideas of what life should be and how I want to achieve that. Life should be happy. Unfortunately (and fortunately), we are one of the only societies on the planet has this much time to invest in being fulfilled. Honestly, my version is pretty simple (even though it can feel really large); smile and remember that you are only an animal like any other on this big planet of ours. Yep, I said it, you're just like a squirrel. Live a life, go for a walk, enjoy a meal. Life is so much less complicated than we make it. Strive for excellence, yes, but not at the expense of mental health. Without sanity, excellence is a lot harder to achieve anyway.

So, yeah, I'm a genius, I know. Regardless, adopt a smile for the day because your life truly isn't bad. Unless your name is Precious and you've had three of your father's children. Then complain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment